I am not going to lie 2013 has had its fair share of laughs, love, beauty but it has also had pain, struggles, loss and heartbreak. And don't even get me started on Dexter and Sons of Anarchy:) But in all seriousness it has been a wonderful yet rough year. And at the end of this year I am a different person then I was at the beginning of the year and my husband is a different person then he was at the beginning of the year. But that's a good thing because people are always changing and I am lucky that we grow and change together through love. I think the biggest lesson we have learned this year is no matter what God, family and friends are the most important things in life. I know that sounds cliche and kind of like duh that's what is important everyone knows that. And we have always believed that as well. But throughout 2013 we have CONSTANTLY been reminded how important those things are and how easily they are taken for granted. Love is not just a noun its a verb. It is a way of life. Its a lifestyle. There is going to be pain and brokenness. The people you love the most are going to hurt you at some point. We are human. But man you still love those people with everything you have. Because you don't know how long you have. And life is too short to be petty. We are all going to make mistakes. And we all learn to forgive. The people God has put in your life....the people God has BLESSED you with, cherish them. Cherish them for who they are, who they were, and who they will become. Love them for their goodness and their flaws because we all have them! Change is unavoidable. Adjust. Love on. I hope that when I am old and gray (which will never happen because I magically turn 25 every year!:) I can look back on my life and say that I loved with everything I had. That I was able to always forgive others and keep loving them because they make my life worth living. That I was able to forgive myself and love myself. Sometimes that is the hardest thing to do. I hope I can look back and be at peace with the woman I was in all my roles, wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend. And I hope that I can look back and know all the people who matter to me know that I loved them. That is what 2013 has taught me.
Ok so enough of the heavy! A look back on 2013....
Happy New Year!!!! You need a new furnace....ugh. I must say it is more energy efficient though so that is a plus! We lost Grandma Lucy this year. She lived a long beautiful life and is very missed. I gained a new brother in Dean and a new sister in Rachell! Our family grew a lot when Dan and Lysa got married as well! Welcome to the Stockwell family! I got to be a best man...Congrates Collin and Anna! Our friends Jayme and Danielle had their first baby, Anthony:) Rachel and I ended our 5 year run as teacher and parapro together...that was a bummer. But I love my new job, I get to work with some awesome people and I get to meet a lot more kids. Scott had his last "in class" class for his masters so all he has to do is his project and he will have his masters degree! Logan earned MVP on his baseball team and played his first year of football. Gavin started preschool! Time flies! My little brother Tate got his black belt...bad ass! Christine has a great job as a bank teller. My brother Kevin got promoted to Major in the Marine Corps...also bad ass. Rachell became a CNA. I got to go to some pretty awesome concerts...Zac Brown Band and Trans Siberian Orchestra. We got to take a party bus to see the Red Wings! Derek, Rachell, Scott and I started a new tradition of having Sunday dinner together. We got to see lots of family from out of town. Like I said before...2013 brought a lot. Good, bad and ugly. But sitting here today I have an amazing husband and two amazing children who are healthy and happy. I have an amazing family and awesome friends. I have a job that I love. So I look back on 2013 and I smile. And here is to looking forward to 2014 and all the blessings a head. Happy New Year everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment