Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gotta Love Technology!

After thinking about whether or not I wanted to write a blog I decided it would be a great way to share/keep in touch with family and friends both far away and near by.  At first I thought it would be silly considering I have a face book and what would I really write about, my life is simple and happy.  But because my life is that way I have so much to write about!  Not only is this a great way to stay in touch with family/friends, but it is also a great way for me to write about our life and be able to look back and remember these moments!  So here we go!

Things are going really well right now!  Scott is working hard as a history teacher and tech coach at his school!  He loves what he does.  He is also very excited about baseball season which starts in just a few weeks.  He chose not to coach basketball this year because it got to be too much and he wasn't enjoying it anymore.  He loved being home this winter and we loved having him home!  It was the first time since we have been married that he didn't have to coach over Christmas break!  It was awesome!  But he cannot wait for baseball to start!  And now that Gavin is older we will be able to make it to a few more games which is nice!  Logan loves to go into the dugout with Scott and they guys...he is like their little mascot it is cute:)

I am currently working as a paraprofessional with middle school special ed students.  I love my job!  The students are great, and there is never a dull moment!  And Rachel (the teacher I work with) and I have become great friends over the last three years and I love working with her!  I also still have the girls night tradition every Thursday night getting together with Brenda, Molly, and Emily.  It is so nice to be able to see my friends every week and go through life's ups and downs with each other!  Not everyone has a close group of girlfriends like I do and I feel very blessed for that.  Scott and I also just went to my very first red wings game a few weeks ago!  It was so much fun, we got to be down on the ice when they were warming up and we had a great view from our seats!  I cannot wait to go again!


Logan is in kindergarten now and he is loving it!  He is doing so well and learning to read and write like a champ!  It is amazing just to sit with him and hear him read.  I am so proud of him!  He is also in karate right now, he loves it.  He is a yellow belt and he thinks he is a ninja which is really funny.  This spring he will also be playing tee ball and soccer.  All of this his choice.  He has a lot of energy so it is good for him!  He is looking forward to the spring so he can play outside again!  His favorite thing to do is run, and that is difficult to do inside!  This week he is VIP kindergartener!  We are working on a poster for him full of information, like he wants to be a video game designer when he grows up;)  He and Scott love to play video games together among other things!  He will also get to bring in some pictures and he wants to bring in his medal from when he got his yellow belt!  Logan is also such a great big brother!  He loves to run around and play with Gavin.  The other day he was teaching Gavin how to color in the lines (haha it didn't work out so well).  But Logan really loves being a big brother, in fact he said he thinks we should have another baby!  He wants a sister evidently:)  We will have to see about that!  Logan is my little snuggler...he loves to snuggle with me and Scott.  I have to cherish these moments because it won't be long before he won't want to be seen with me!  (I work with middle schoolers I know how it goes!)  He is an awesome kid!
Gavin is growing by the second!  He has been pointing to get what he wants and now he is starting to use words (some only Scott and I can understand:).  Gavin is my little mischievous one:)  He definitely got my stubbornness:)  He has "the look" down pat.  It is really funny:)  He gets into everything!  While frustrating to us, it is a good thing because it means he is smart!  Baby proofing didn't do the trick, we had to Gavin proof the house!  And he still finds trouble to get into:)  We follow him around to see what he will do next so we can try to Gavin proof that too!  We recently had to tie the fireplace shut because he figured out how to get into there.  And we cannot leave our chairs at the table because he will push them around the kitchen to get up high and into the cupboards.  Smart little guy:)  We also had to go out and by a crib tent because he was figuring out how to get out of his crib already!  He is also full of energy.  We call him our little kangaroo because he hops everywhere.  All the time hopping.  He loves to read too.  Every morning when he gets up we sit in his chair and read a book together.  And immediately after the book is over he looks at me and does the sign for blues clues and says "bo bo?"  Haha, he knows he gets to watch blues clues while I get ready for work in the morning:)  His teeth are finally starting to come in!  For a while he only had four, but now he has 7.  Bath time is also another favorite for him!  Scott and I always have to rock paper scissors over who has to get Gavin out of the tub because that makes him an angry boy!  Gavin also likes to watch the red wings!  He has been trained well:)  He will stand in front of the tv and raise his hands and yell whenever Scott or I yell out during a game.  Its funny:)  I am so blessed with both of my little men.  They are both so smart and so fun!

Some exciting things coming up for us:  Baseball starts for Scott! Patiently awaiting the arrival of our little nephew LaFrenier due in June. Molly and Jer's baby boy is due this month!  Derek and Rachelle's baby boy (nephew Stockwell:) due next month!  Lots of little squishies on the way:)  And of course spring is on its way! 

2 comments:

  1. This is great, Jenn! Thanks for keeping us updated. Gavin proofing? HILARIOUS.

    Miss you all! Sending my love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep it updated constantly! There is always something going on around here! I thought it would be a good way to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete