It has been a crazy couple of weeks since the beginning of the school year! The weeks fly by because everyone is so busy. Some how I thought Logan being in first grade would make things less busy but I was wrong! He has at least a half hour of homework every night but he is going great! He got 100% on his very first spelling test, he does great in math, and he loves to read! He has received a "great job" sheet every Friday! His favorite subjects are P.E. (surprise!:) and science. In fact his favorite day of the week is Monday because he has science! He gets to pick one day a week to get hot lunch so he always looks forward to that day:) He is still playing soccer, he played goalie for the first day yesterday and he did really well! He would also like to join boy scouts so I will have to be looking into that!

Gavin is enjoying daycare...there are a few more boys his age this year so that is nice. They are also doing a letter a day and story time before naps each day. They base their lunches according to what letter they are learning that day! Its really cool. And everyday when I pick him up we have to go to "stop" (code for bus stop) to wait for Logan to get off the bus. I think it might be the highlight of his day:) When he gets home he is a very big mamma's boy:) Which of course I love! He is starting to talk a lot more. He is also getting smarter by the minute...figuring out how to get into things...which can be a bit of a challenge for us haha. We may have to re-Gavin proof the house! He thinks its hilarious to lock the door with his foot when I am trying to get him out of the car so I have to be quick!


Scott is very busy at work! He is constantly interacting with students which is a good thing, he wanted to make sure he didn't lose contact with the students! And lots of meetings. He also received an award for educator of the month for September! He is also busy taking master's classes. And of course watching football:) I am loving my job this year too! We have a great group of students this year! And my friend Rachel who I work with and her husband are expecting their first baby so congrats to them! My weeks like I said are very busy! But that is ok because then the weekends come faster and I get to spend time with my family:) Scott and I went down to art prize the other night and we plan on going down for a day next weekend. We love going to see all the different kinds of art people create, its a great date:) We have been to a wedding this fall. And thanks to my sister I got to go see Jason Aldean which was an awesome concert! And of course we are looking forward to hockey season! It has been a great start to the fall season!

In other family news Kevin graduated with his Master's just this past weekend! Christine and Kevin are now making their way across they country back to the east coast where he is now stationed! Congrats to Kevin! Christine is working hard on her photography and she is doing a great job! She has shot a wedding, a business event, some senior pictures and a lot of other stuff!
We are looking forward to more fall fun... art prize, football (Scott;), going to the pumpkin farm, Halloween and then the holidays! More to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment